Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cricut Circle Monthly Challenge

For this month’s CC challenge, there is a Tic Tac Toe board with a design element in each of the squares and you need to choose three squares in a row and use all three design elements in your project.
I decided to make a card (surprise surprise) and chose a diagonal row with the following design elements:  (a) use a cut of a flower shape, (b) use a paper, ribbon or something else to create a ruffle , and (c) use buttons somewhere.

Here’s the card I made for the challenge:

The flowers were cut from Pagoda cartridge.  The medallion parts were cut with the Accent Essentials cartridge (I had to use design studio to hide a contour to get a clean scallopped circle).  The medallion was made using the instructions from this post by Mustang Sarah Creations.  I used a grosgrain ribbon to make the ruffle and the same ribbon is in the medallion.  The paper is from a stack that I picked up at Costco that I don’t know the name of plus some scraps I had laying around.    The sentiment is stamped with a stamp from G Studio. 

1 comments:

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Very pretty card. Love how you did the ribbon. New follower of yours too. Great blog.